Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring Cleaning, Boxes, and Saying Goodbye


Andrew and I are really doing it!

This seems to be the phrase that constantly goes through my mind as I pack up what seems to be a never ending supply of clothes (because its the only thing that really seems to stress me out) to be loaded onto a Uhaul March 29, 2011. Andrew and I are really moving to Virginia and really going to leave our home here in Arkansas. The month of March seems to hold a lot of emotions for the two of us.

Emotions of pure excitement to begin anew in a beautiful part of the our country. The things that God has planned to teach us brings great joy to our hearts. We are excited to be apart of His plan and see His plan for us unfold piece by piece!

Emotions that force us to completely trust in the Lord and not in our own doings. It seems to me that God has used my driving commute to work to really focus on Him. Daily I battle thoughts of insecurity about leaving and through the Holy Spirit I pray, "I trust in You O God. I trust that You have a plan. I trust that You are who You say You are. I trust that You are big enough to move within us. I trust that You give us strength when we are weak. I trust that You see the vision when our eyes are blinded. I trust in You O God." God knows. He is Faithful! What JOY there is in knowing that He is our home, He is our constant, He is!

Emotions of thanksgiving. I believe that Andrew and I are seeing the harvest of God's providence for us in NWA. And it is good. It is rich. It is deep. We are so thankful for the memories we have here and weep that we must physically leave it. Yet we rejoice in the Lord! We are so thankful for the way He ordained and predestined our time here! We are thankful in the way He goes before us as we pack up our boxes, as we say our goodbyes, and as we begin anew in Stafford VA. Thanks be to the God who blesses His people so that in return He can receive all glory that is due to His name.

And the emotions continue on and on. Feelings of angst, feelings of joy, feelings of terror, feelings of sadness, feelings of stress, feelings of love, feelings of... And in the midst of it all, God is good. The question recently from many friends and co-workers has been "How are you doing with moving?" And to many I answer "I'm alright." But as I search inside and God reveals to me my heart, my answer would sound more like this. "I am unstable. I am a basket of emotions. I am consistently inconsistent. But God is stable. And he is pure and good. And in Him I trust in the midst of these emotions." Andrew and I have 12 days left in NWA before we begin the drive to our new home! And we are excited. And we are thankful. And we proudly allow our tears to fall because it reveals to us that our God provides! And in Him we are at home.


2 comments:

  1. Carrie,

    Once you are in Stafford let me know when you guys venture into DC (or even Alexandria) next. Craig and I would totally say hi, have lunch, welcome you to the northeast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is beautiful. We will miss you greatly, but rejoice with you as God is growing you for His purpose. Prayers and blessings to you and Andrew!

    ReplyDelete