Saturday, February 23, 2013

3 months

It is so hard to believe that Julia is already 3 months old!!! We have been so busy with getting to know her and figure out life as a family of three that blogging and writing down thoughts have had to take a back seat lately. But as I type Andrew, Julia, and I are flying back to CA from a great vaca to out southern roots...so I figure I might as well use this time to reflect a bit :-).

Julia, you have grown leaps and bounds since we first laid eyes on you. At your last check up at 2 months you weighed around 11 pounds. Now I'm thinking you are well around 12 pounds but will get a more accurate calculation at your next dr appointment next month. You take 5 bottles a day. All are 5 ounces except your last bottle before bedtime is 6 ounces. You are not a fan of having the bottle taken away from you to burp in the middle of your eating.... In fact you would prefer to not be burped at all but that just isn't going to happen just yet. :)

You nap between every feeding still. Sometimes they are just 40 mins but we always try for a good 1.5-2 hour nap at least once during the day. You sleep from 8:30pm to 7:00-8:00am. You are a little inch worm at night also! It is amazing to watch you move in your sleep;). You are my on the go little girl!

You are a happy, joyful girl!! You LOVE getting to see people and are always so happy when your dad or I come get you after not seeing us for a bit. You are very much like me in the fact that you are a people person and it is so fun to watch your face light up. You love to smile and talk to anyone or anything. You also like to laugh but your still working on getting your giggles out. You still love bath time and tummy time is becoming more and more a favorite for you. You amaze me with your strength. Your legs are so strong and you hold your neck up and look around like a pro! You also love to snuggle when you start getting tired or over stimulated....I love that too.

This month has been a big one for you so far...you have taken your first airplane ride to AR and gone on your longest car ride! You did beautifully for both!! You also got your first cold while we were visiting Nana and Papa in Searcy. You certainly didn't like having your nose suctioned but we are glad it helped you to start feeling better!

I'm so very grateful for you little bitty! You are a jewel! And you are so very loved by many!!












No comments:

Post a Comment