Thursday, August 18, 2011

Twenty-Five

Last week I turned 25!!! Oh heavens….twenty-five…..I can’t say that I was too excited about turning 25. In my head when I turn 25 then that means I’m half of 50 and if 50 is over the hill well by golly I’m halfway there! I’m half of 50! I'm halfway up the hill! J Of course , I’m only slightly kidding!

Let me let you in on a secret of mine. Every birthday that I can remember I would curl up in bed at the end of the day and read all of my birthday cards and cry. It is really strange and very silly, I KNOW! But on that day I was very aware of all that I had been blessed with and I think that I was simply overwhelmed with all the things I had been given in my life. It is a blessing to have blessings. I hope that every day I am humbled by the gifts God has given me and the people He has placed in my life.

Over the past 25 years, these are some of my favorite memories:

1. Getting to be a bride to the most amazing man in the world, Andrew- from May 28 and every day since….

2. Getting a phone call while studying for a math final in high school from Casey Walker saying “Well, we have a little girl- Ashlyn!” And just 4-5 years later, receiving a call from Ashlyn while I was at JBU saying “I have a sister and she is soooo cute!”

3. Discovering places such as Bikes, Blues, and BBQ ; Downtown KC; Alexandria; St Lucia; Portland; DC with my husband

4. Coming home from college in the fall to an incredible family (and sometimes a sweet, sweet puppy)

5. The sweet smell and fine breeze on a beautiful summer night in Arkansas.

6. The feeling of accomplishment I had when I successfully finished a scholastically demanding time at JBU.

7. Going to LMP, Ichthus, and sailing to the Bahamas with my youth group.

8. Driving to Dottie’s house to have tea on especially stressful days.

9. My Grandma Bain walking up stairs to talk with me about mother-daughter relationships when I had just gotten into a fight with my mom (I think this was either in JR high or High school).

10. Getting swept up in the waves of Atlantis, only to have my brothers so paralyzed with laughter rather than the sense to come rescue me. J

11. Rowden Family Christmas

12. Sitting with Josh on the floor at a hotel in DC talking and asking one another for forgiveness for how we had treated one another in the past.

13. Experiencing the joys and hardships of life with my dearest NWA friends.

14. Talking with the Wood’s over coffee in their house. I’m so blessed to have been a part of their family.

15. Being blessed by the Buildings and Grounds crew and Matt and Martha at Fellowship as they packed and loaded our UHAUL to set out for VA.

16. Monday morning meetings with Matt, Nick, and Jarrett

17. Going to Disney World.

18. Being at the baseball fields every night during the summer.

19. Somehow setting off the house/fire alarm with my brother Josh and also learning that a lot of bubbles come out of the dishwasher when you use dish washing soap rather than dishwasher soap…all in one day!

20. Having family come visit Andrew and I in our new home.

21. Having Harry Potter movie marathon’s with Justin during Christmas breaks

22. Razorback games

23. Vacations with the Taylor’s to the beach

24. Lake days

25. going to Sonic to get one of my favorite drinks and just smiling as I drive away because “I sure do love that place”

And to be honest the list goes on, I can think of several more of my favorite memories….it seems like every day I have a new favorite memory. I am so thankful for all the life God has allowed me to experience! I wonder what other memories the next 25 years will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment