Thursday, July 26, 2012
Weekend Adventures
The last two weekends Andrew and I have tried to make the most of our time together before Julia blesses us with her presence. Two weekends ago I wanted to plan an "out of the ordinary" date before we had our guy/girl night with a few friends. So I planned a trip to the lake so we could just have some good conversation about our week, our excitements of being parents, our fears, and a time to encourage one another with where we saw God working in one another. We went to Lake O'neil on base and rented a motor boat for a few hours. We boated around and just had a great time being on the water again. Of course....it also made us long for Beaver Lake and our NWA friends! It is amazing how water has always been a part of our love story though. Then on Sunday, we went to the Beach after church and doing some baby registering. Andrew went for a swim and finally convinced me to get in the water :). It didn't take much convincing since the sun was pretty hot that day, but the water was still like ice! (Andrew thought I was a little dramatic...but he's a rough and tough Marine and I'm a girly girl so that is my defense).
Last weekend we set out to explore the surrounding areas and what were some of the furniture stores they had for us. We ended up deciding on Julia's crib and found a great upholstered glider/rocker for her room as well. We are still on the lookout for a dresser but we know it will come! Later Saturday night Andrew and I went to the movie theater to see "Dark Knight Rises"...which was truly amazing and we had the best time watching the movie. On my review scale I'd say it was a "see it in the movie theater....twice" and a "definite buyer" when it comes out! We did have our first CA native experience in the midst of the running around! We went to In N Out for the first time which was a lot of fun. The line for Sunday lunch was CRAZY! We kept hearing friends talk about a "secret menu" so we searched the internet as we were waiting in line so that we could get the lingo down :). We ordered 2 animal style cheeseburgers, 2 drinks, and 1 fry well done. We really liked the food and it was a fun experience for sure! We felt like we were officially CA residents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Looks like a very fun and full weekend! You look great, Carrie! :)
ReplyDelete